September 27, 2008

"E VAN....Slee PING?!"

Jett was excited to get to see Evan today. It's been 4 days since he's seen him. He immediately asked if Evan was sleeping. What's precious is that he didn't notice any discoloration or bruising from the tubes Evan had in his mouth and the failed attempts to revive him.


I pretty much cried so much during the viewing that after the funeral, my tears had dried up. I'm just not ready to say goodbye and it's difficult to accept that it doesn't matter if I'm ready to or not, that's just the way it is. The service was beautiful and Tymon has posted the eulogy on his blog. A special thank you for all of you who came to show your support. We feel your prayers on our behalf and we love you.


I just ache to have him back with us. I get comments in the store when I have a couple of my kids with me that "I must have my hands full." I know that these people are just trying to be friendly and make conversation, but it really is annoying. I'd like to fill my arms with one more little boy that left our family before I was ready.

Tymon and his brother Lyndon, as well as our fathers were the pallbearers. We came to the cemetary after the service and Tymon dedicated the grave.



My uncle Dayle is buried just 10 or 15 feet away from Evan. Graeden was very interested in seeing his grave, too. He and Jett took some of Evan's flowers to lay on his grave. Sometimes, I wonder how much they understand and then I'm amazed at the depth of compassion displayed by my children. They really love people and want to do whatever it takes to show it. During the funeral, Graeden appointed himself in charge of doling out tissues to all who had tears or dripping noses. I'm hoping that in going to bed so late tonight and with such an emotional day that I'll sleep deeply and soundly. I need the rest.

12 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. I wish we could be there to at least give you a hug. When walking from one of her therapies wed. Kendal said out of nowhere "I love Bridget". I don't know if she just heard us talking about you guys or if it was the Spirit, she is a very good messenger sometimes. We all love guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this. I'm sure I can't really imagine how it is, but I can imagine enough that I cry for you every time I think about it. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bridget,I love you my friend. Our thoughts and prayers have been with you and will still be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. I know it's hard for you to post things like this. I just wanted to thank you for it though since I couldn't be there myself. It's amazing to see the strength that comes from your family at this time. I want you to know that it is helping me build my testimony because of it and helping me to feel our Fathers love for us all. I want to send a bug hug to you over the internet. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridget & Tymon,
    I don't check the blog life very often and just learned of your loss yesterday. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridget
    Much love to you, and prayers for a quick and easy delivery when you are ready.
    Hugs to all
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. We hope and pray that you get the rest and comfort you need. Thanks for keeping us updated when you can. Our prayers are with you and your family! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you got the sleep that you needed. That first picture brought tears to my eyes immediately. We will continue to keep your family in our prayers and let us know if we can do anything for you. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a difficult day. You and Tymon seem to have about the best outlook someone can have at a time like this. I am so impressed with your faith. I do appreciate your updates as well. Your words are very inspiring and also heartbreaking. Nate and I always read your posts and cry. You are still in our daily prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for your loss. I am thinking of you and your family and we are thinking of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bridget,

    I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bridget,
    I'm an acquaintance of Natalie's.. I saw a comment from you on her blog.
    I know its weird, but I just wanted to say how very very sorry I am for your loss of your son. Oh, he was a cutie.
    I'll pray for you too as I continue to pray for Natalie :)
    I hope you and your family are well

    -leisa from Hawaii

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers