September 23, 2008

Evan, We Love You

I would rather not write this post, but so many of you have called and sent us messages. Thank you. We appreciate your thoughts. I'm not up to responding. I just want to hold my boy. It seems like he's sleeping and any moment he'll wake up.

We think he woke up this morning and wanted to play. He crawled under one of our giant "Love Sac" beanbags and couldn't get out. Tymon found him this morning just before he was to leave for work when he was checking on all of the boys. The doctors tried for 45 minutes to get his heart going. We are devestated.

28 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. The Cord

    We are connected,
    My child and I, by
    An invisible cord
    Not seen by the eye.

    It's not like the cord
    That connects us 'til birth
    This cord can't been seen
    By any on Earth.

    This cord does it's work
    Right from the start.
    It binds us together
    Attached to my heart.

    I know that it's there
    Though no one can see
    The invisible cord
    From my child to me.

    The strength of this cord
    Is hard to describe.
    It can't be destroyed
    It can't be denied.

    It's stronger than any cord
    Man could create
    It withstands the test
    Can hold any weight.

    And though you are gone,
    Though you're not here with me,
    The cord is still there
    But no one can see.

    It pulls at my heart
    I am bruised...I am sore,
    But this cord is my lifeline
    As never before.

    I am thankful that God
    Connects us this way
    A mother and child
    Death can't take it away!

    Author Unknown

    We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget, my thoughts have been with you ever since Amber called me today.

    Our hearts are heavy. There are no words to express our sadness for you so just know we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so so sorry to hear of this loss of your beautiful boy. I wanted to share a blog that has brought a lot of comfort to a friend in our ward that had a stillborn baby. It's called "A Daily Scoop" - their daughter drowned at around the age of 1.5 years. We love you and will keep you in our prayers.
    http://adailyscoop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bridget...my heart is just aching for you right now. I will call you tomorrow, but I just wanted you to know how much we love you all, and that we are here for whatever you may need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for your family. Your post brought me to tears.

    I've never commented on this blog or Tymon's blog, but read it often, and just wanted you to know we are thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love you Bridgett. I'm so sorry about Evan. It breaks my heart and we're praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bridget-Our hearts ache for you all. There aren't enough words to express our sorrow and sympathy...just know we love you all and care deeply.
    Love
    Karen,
    Matthew and Marc Johns

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry. I don't know what to say, we love you guys. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would repeat the sentiments above. I love you!
    ~Cassanndre

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our thoughts, prayers and tears are with you and your family right now. I hope that you will be guided and comforted as you work through this together. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Bridgett, I am so very sorry. He is a beautiful little boy and I know that you will see him again one day. Know my heart and prayers are with you and your family.

    Love,
    Dave, Carrie, Emma, Claire and Hallie Coleman

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bridget-

    My heart just breaks for you. I can only imagine what you must be feeling. We are praying for you and hope that your family can remain strong through this terrible tragedy. We care about you!

    Love,

    Nate & Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bridget and Tymon, we are so heartbroken this happened. We love you so much and are praying for you. May Heavenly Father bless you with peace and comfort during this difficult time. Love, Jim & Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bridget and Tymon, we are so heartbroken this happened. We love you so much and are praying for you. May Heavenly Father bless you with peace and comfort during this difficult time. Love, Jim & Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry Bridget, all I could do was cry. My heart is with you.
    Love Pam Bishop

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bridget,
    hi love, thinking of you more than you know. Thanks for being so brave and writing that post. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so so so sorry for the loss. My heart aches for you right now. I could never even come close as to how it would feel other than harder then heck to go through this. I know there is nothing that can be said to help with the pain that you are feeling, but I am deeply sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Our hearts are aching for you. May God bless your family through this very sad time. We're so, so sorry. With love,
    Wendy & Jason

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bridget,

    I'm not sure that you remember me. I'm Maile's sister Nezhone. She called and told me last night about your loss. I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine what you're going through. My heart aches for you and your family. Our prayers and sympathies are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Bridget, I am so sorry. My heart is breaking for you right now. We will be praying for you and thinking of you and your beautiful boy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bridget & Tymon:

    We've only met a few times, but i just received an email from erin about your service for evan. My heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry... I don't know what else to say except our hearts and prayers are with you.

    With love,

    Kaitlyn & Trevor Holman

    ReplyDelete
  22. Katie and I are very sorry to hear this news. We have been thinking of you and praying for your comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wanted to add my condolences. I can't imagine the grief you must be feeling. You and your sweet family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so sorry for your loss, I have a 7 month old and he is a fairly difficult little guy and I just look at him so differently, Life is so precious our prayers are with your whole family. I have heard what a wonderful mother and father you both are. --Lesha (Froberg) and Peter Olsen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bridget and Tymon,

    Tina's brother here. I just got word and I'm so sorry this happened. This must be so difficult. I hope Heavenly Father blesses you abundantly with extra consolation.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Each and every time I see you with your beautiful children, I am in awe of what a wonderful mother you are. I am so sorry for your loss, I just can't even fathom it. Please know that we will be praying for you and thinking of you. We love you

    Jake and Stephanie Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm sitting here bawling. How heartbreaking. I have a little boy, almost 2, and I just can't imagine the pain. I know it's been almost 3 years, and you may not even get a notice that I'm responding here, but I want you to know your story touched me. Last August, while we were on a family vacation, my sweet baby niece drown. We are heartbroken as well. You posted something on my sister-in-law's blog. I'm always thankful for strangers sharing their love and support. I happen to be in the Seattle area (Mukilteo), so not too far from you. I'm so sorry for your loss. So, so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I too just saw this. As tears fill my eyes! I stare at the picture and say wake up!!!! Bridget how did you do it? I had no idea he did that while everyone was skipping. It makes my heart ache sooo bad!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers