September 30, 2008

Birth Story: Jocelyn, The Fifth

On Monday afternoon, just before 3pm, I had my first contraction. A friend just happened to stop by a few minutes earlier and helped me into the house. We talked through contractions for about an hour. I labored in my tub for about an hour and a half and then moved to a birthing stool. These stools are amazing and at 6:16pm baby Jocelyn arrived. It didn't take too many pushes to get her out, the crowning was only one push long...but it hurt so badly! Her head was sideways and her arm was up. Tymon was there holding her head and Heike, my midwife (brunette next to me) held her arm against her head to prevent her from ripping me to pieces. The next push should have been easy to get the body out, but due to her position, it was just slightly less brutal than the head. Amazingly enough, I only had a slight tear that didn't require any attention/fixing. Had this have been my first birth, she would have really torn me up. Well, that's probably way too much info for most of you, so I'll stop.


Heike, my midwife (also delivered Elliott), me and Jocelyn and Carrie (Heike's assistant).

Elliott, Graeden, Jett and Jocelyn.


Daddy, Mommy, Jocelyn and Jovana (finally a big sister!).

22 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Congrats!! I can't wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! A little girl for Team Johns! I'm so glad everything went well. Love you guys so much. How much did she weigh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She looks darling. You guys will have so much fun with a little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jocelyn is 7 pounds 12 ounces and 21.75 inches...tall and skinny. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I'm excited one of us finally has a girl. I'm glad all went well. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the delivery of a healthy little girl. I can't wait for that time to come. I am already hurting and not sleeping well at night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A girl! Congrats!

    She is beautiful and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A girl! Congrats.

    She is beautiful and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations - that is wonderful news. What a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You guys are amazing! Welcome to the world Jocelyn! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rock on, Bridget. You are my hero. Baby out in 3 hours???? Are ya kiddin' me???? Please let this be my birthing experience someday.

    I am totally leaning towards a home birth when my uterus crosses that bridge. I will have to talk with you about it someday.

    What a crazy week mixed with grief and joy all packaged together. The funeral was sad and spiritually inspiring all at the same time. I was reminded how deep my belief goes for the Plan of Salvation. Thank you for letting me and Shannon be a part of it.

    I would love a copy of your bishop's talk if you ever get a copy. His words were beautiful. Tymon's words were so heartfelt and genuine too.

    I love that you finally got a girl too! Welcome to the world, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way-to-go Bridget! You are amazing at having babies. The boys will have a great time with her. It looks like you had a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a little cutie. Congrats guys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yehaa.....that's cowboy talk ya know! Got to bring the "team" up to visit Calgary again soon-there is always room here in the Johns corral!
    Very proud of Jocelyn's mom and dad and brothers.
    Congrats!
    Love always
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic & memorable family home evening! This will be a great birth story to share. Welcome Jocelyn! You beat Lilleth's weight & length!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Bridget! I am so happy for you and your new little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the cute little girl. I am always so impressed with people that do home births. I think you are officially the toughest person I know!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your new little girl! I would wimp out after a few hours of a home birth so I think you are officially awesome. We loved having our boy after only knowing girls so I bet it'll be the same for you - everything will seem new and curious! I wonder if she and Evan had a little time together before she came to earth and he told her what a wonderful family she was about to join.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! You are amazing...only 3 hours! She's beautiful and you look amazing. Not at all like someone who just had a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats, so glad you have a girl.
    They are their own little breed.
    She will have those boys wrapped around her little finger.
    She's a dolly!
    Pam Bishop

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats! I've been waiting to hear from Tina when the little girl arrived. I'm glad you stopped my blog so I could follow you back and see the little sweetie you have now. And a home birth too! What a macho woman! Best wishes for some sleep! Robyn Warner

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers