March 13, 2009

Birthday Boy

Tonight we had Elliott's birthday party. The kids ate pizza, made treasure maps

and then went on a treasure hunt.


Anjah was able to read the clues and the kids figured almost all of them out on their own. They loved it!


Treasure hunts are fun for anyone of any age....even big kids in their 30s. Elliott's favorite part was the presents. I think this is the first year that he has cared about them. He isn't selfish though, he immediately wanted to share his gifts with his brothers.


Graeden bought Elliott a candy necklace and workbook with his own money. I'm so happy when my boys think of each other. Sometimes, it's hard to see how much they love each other when they are at each others' throats. For all the mischief these boys find, they are genuinely loving and thoughtful boys.

Now if you look very closely at this cake you may notice something a little off. First off, it's a banana split ice cream cake. Second, it should have 4 candles. Well, moments before we were to sing Happy Birthday, I asked Jovana to get the candles on...she could only find two. We pulled the drawer almost all the way out and I starting digging through it. Could it really be? We only had 2 candles? UNBELIEVABLE! My dad was in the area and found that in another drawer we had straws that kind of looked like the candles. He cut one up so that the pieces were about the same size and stuck them in the cake. Then I found a package of lollipop sticks that I have had for at least 5 years and have yet to make any suckers...but I opened the package and took one out. We cut them to the right size and put them in the straws on the cake. Then Tymon and I tried for a minute or so to get them to catch fire. It worked...and Elliott never knew the difference. What a wonderful boy! I'm glad my dad was there to see what was happening and think quickly... I can't believe we didn't have enough candles!

3 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Happy birthday, Elliott! Vse najboljše!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy day, that is great! Joy can be found always in our children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said in another post... those of us with more than 3 children can totally understand!

    ;~)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers