March 8, 2009

Dental Caries

Recently, we've been to the dentist with Graeden and Elliott for the first time in their lives...and they have cavities. Lots of them. I stopped counting. I really thought we were doing well in the brushing category...a lot better than I personally did in my younger years.

Check out this coolest x-ray of all time.

I love all that is digital and high tech in dental offices these days. Those permanent teeth look so cool behind the babies. Our pediatric dentist loves kids and just the other day "helped out" one of Graeden's teeth. That's code for an extraction. They're very clever with their vocabulary.

Before going in for this visit, I had to give Graeden a sedative of sorts...just to help him relax and be okay. He's also breathing nitrous and is numb in the area they were working on.

He did very well with this magical mix. I like this children's dentist for a few reasons. First, he is enthusiastic and loves his job. Second, he has an office 3 minutes from our house. Third, he incorporates digital technology into his practice. They emailed me Graeden's x-rays so I could use them on my blog. Fourth, check out the ear phones...yes, Kung Fu Panda or any other cartoon Graeden wanted plays on the ceiling while the dentist works.

The tooth fairy visited our house Friday night. One of Graeden's teeth was taken out because he had an infection under it and they didn't want it to spread to the permanent tooth underneath. It may just be a hidden blessing...Graeden's post-op instructions said that he couldn't suck on a straw. It would break the blood clot open and he'd bleed. Well, by extension, we told Graeden he couldn't suck his thumb, either. He's been doing very well.


Yesterday, Graeden was playing in the basement and came up stairs and told Tymon that he'd done something very naughty. Tymon (rightly so) was imagining the worst and began to head down stairs when Graeden admitted it...he had sucked his thumb...but only for a moment and then he remembered and took it out of his mouth. Ahh, sweet relief. There are only hugs and loves for little boys and all their innocence.

3 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Sounds like the boys did well! What troopers! I need to take Kailey. I'm all most 99% sure she has cavities and am not looking forward to having to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is an amazing x-ray. Way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridget - Teage's sister here. I check your blog every now and then and it was fun to see that you were here in SLC! We've been to the Draper open house 2x and it's beautiful. Can't wait for Teaggers & Erin to visit next month. I came across this verse and thought of you. With Peter Cardall playiing the song it's beautiful.~Tawna

    I am a child of God and He has called me home.
    My earthly journey's through but still, I do not walk alone.
    He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way.
    He welcomed me with open arms. I live with Him today.


    I am a child of God and I have gone ahead.
    My earthly life was brief but oh, such peace and love you gave.
    You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay.
    You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.


    I am a child of God and I will wait for you.
    Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
    I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you.
    Help you find the way.
    I'll welcome you with open arms
    One bright Celestial day.


    --Donna Kulliard

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers