June 7, 2009

Celebration!

We've been preparing for a celebration that's coming up in a few days. Evan's second birthday is on June 10th ... this Wednesday.



We've planted new flowers.

The meat has been bought. Now we need Evan's friends to join us for a birthday party and barbeque.


There are a couple of ways to participate. First, we are meeting at Evan's grave at 6pm on Wednesday. Everyone is bringing him 2 helium balloons and we will send them to him together.
Afterwards, we will be having a barbeque at a dear friend's house. We're providing the meat and guests will bring potluck salads and side dishes to share. Please leave a comment or email me if you would like to participate in this way.

Second way to participate (we would love it) if you live far away OR will not make it, please get Evan 2 balloons for his birthday and send them to him from the most fabulous place you live near. Make sure to get a photo of it and email it to me. I will post some later in the week.

I hope I'm emotionally okay to do this...forgive me when I cry. It's not you. It's missing my boy.
.
This will also be the last time you will be able to say goodbye to Jovana. We are leaving early Saturday morning for Alabama and will be home only a few hours before her flight back to Serbia. We will miss her dearly.

8 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Bridget, we will be sending Evan two balloons from Texas. We love you and will be thinking of you and praying for you, and Evan too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will also be thinking of you, your family and Evan this week. We will be sending two balloons from Dinosaur land, Vernal Utah. Hugs and prayers! What were his favorite colors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He loved to get his turquoise blue shoes out of the closet whenever it was time to go somewhere. Other than that, he didn't show us color preferences (that we could tell anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite spot is a pond that is walking distance from our house. I'll see if we can send him some balloons from "Grandpa's Pond"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you tomorrow on Evan's special day. Hope all goes well for you and your family. Love Nicole - Mia's mom ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Veatch Family would like to come tonight to the cemetary and BBQ

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were not able to get the ballons done but we were thinking of your family today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Bridget, that is the sweetest thing ever. I hope you had a beautiful day celebrating your beautiful boy and I'm only sorry that we were travelling and I didn't release two balloons. Next year, though, I'll be sure to buy three. You are an inspiration, truly!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers