June 10, 2009

Mourn With Those Who Mourn

Part of the baptismal covenant I made 25 years ago was to be willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life— (Mosiah 18:9). To be honest, I don't think I truly understood mourning until this past year. As I learn, there are some of you who have reached out to me and my family and have been very willing to learn with me. Thank you. Thank you for your love. Thank you for your compassion. Thank you for crying with me. I especially wish to thank those who taught their children about friendship and love for a little boy in heaven. It's not always easy to talk about life and death, especially with little people. Thank you.

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

These are the photos I have received so far of those who have been thinking of us today.

From Arizona:

From Vernal, Utah:

From St. George, Utah


From Texas:

From Grandpa's Pond, Utah

From one of my friends:
The kids really were very sensitive to this little event. They expressed how much they would miss McKay if he were gone as well (McKay's birthday is on 6/25). Michael (4 yr. old) said, "I really think I love this little guy", talking about Evan. Thank you for this opportunity, it was really neat for us.
I love you all so much. Thank you for your love and support and especially for teaching your children how to mourn with those who mourn.

6 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. What a wonderful, global way of celebrating his birthday. I was thinking about him and your family today. I sent up an imaginary balloon in honor of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget just wanted to send my love, sorry I am late. Julie told me about Evan's birthday party and balloons in his honor... what a special thing that was to do. Thanks for sharing the pictures of that and his grave. I love it how the little bunny is still there. Didn't Jett set that there for him? How cute. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. High Johns, this is Audrey Schilaty. What is your email address? (schilaty@msn.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that I haven't checked this in awhile. Sorry I missed Evan's birthday! I wish I could be there more for you. It looks like you have tons of great people to surround and support you, though. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers