July 10, 2009

I'm not Complaining

This morning, I've been up for 40 minutes now. My lovely husband woke me up just as he was to leave the house and had a leaky diapered Jocelyn ready to hand off. Oh and by the way it leaked on the carpet by the top of the stairs. Upon further investigation, there was only a quarter sized smear next to the stairs. The real problem was next to her bed. Two big spots...one the size of a dollar bill. The other smaller.

Jocelyn is now clean and a load of laundry started. And Elliott who was feeling sick last night slept on our couch with his barf bowl instead of in his bed. Hey Bridget, was he sleeping on the new couch you got just less than a week ago? Why yes, yes he was. So, Tymon left and I'm putting a new garbage bag in the bathroom from helping him get the garbage out and I hear this, "Mom, I peed!" What?!?! On my new couch? So, I've now been up 45 minutes and have added cleaning a couch to my list of accomplishments this morning.

On my way to recording in this blog the events of this morning, I happened to stop by the OldNavy.com summer sale. Maybe I'll come back to that. Or maybe not. Either way, I regained my focus enough to write this entry. What I don't want to forget mentioning is that I love my children and am happy that I have the opportunity to take care of each of them. Though I may desire to trade my morning with so many of you readers...it's only because I imagine that this ISN'T happening to you. So this post isn't over and the next excitement has already began. The boys just called to me. Jocelyn has thrown up all over herself and her high chair. Yuk.

And it occurs to me that my bladder is full and I'd better take care of that first.

3 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. That sounds a lot like my whole week! And now the barf bowl is next to me, and my kids still assume I can mother them. Ah, the joys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. What a yucky morning! It's only kind of funny of how many things go on before you are allowed to make that first trip to the bathroom in the morning. Good luck, and I hope the kids feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think you need to write a book. You are so good with words and describing things, one feels like they are experiencing it with you.

    I hope they all feel better soon and that you don't come down with it also.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers