August 30, 2009

Warm Un-Welcome

Tymon and I had a wonderful opportunity to go on an Alaskan cruise this past week and thanks to some wonderful friends and Nana and Bapa, we were able to go without children. Yesterday when I arrived to pick up Graeden and Elliott, they were playing with their friends in the fields and woods around the Tonks' home. They saw me pull up and hid in the woods. Reluctantly, Graeden slowly walked toward me and barely said "hi". I picked him up and hugged and kissed him and he squirmed away. It took me about half an hour to get them in the car. Elliott informed me that he wanted to live at the Tonks' house. Tymon and Jett and Jocelyn beat me home and when I walked in the door Jett gave me a hug but found out I wasn't making lunch and left. I went upstairs to see Jocelyn playing around and when I poked my head around the corner she took off in the opposite direction...when did she get so proficient moving upright? And I thought my children would miss me. Ha ha ha. We gave the boys some Alaskan float planes to fly around the yard and they lasted about 2 hours before they were broken. And after a few hours they made up for a weeks worth of hugs and kisses. That made me feel better and I know they had a great vacation, too.

4 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. I am so glad that everybody got to have a great time. I am happy to hear that you and Tymon were not the only ones who had fun. The kids deserved some kind of vacation too =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, post some pictures why don't ya? Need the update on your favorite and the amount of cruise food consumed. Come on girl~ kids shmids. I live for travel stories;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your kids are normal. It's always a little sad when they don't want to come home with you! I'm glad you got to go on vacation. Love Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun trip. I'm glad you went.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers