November 17, 2009

Graeden's 6th Birthday

The day of the great party, I went to work. It was a sweet deal, really. Graeden and my friend Amber made all the preparations. I came home and pretty much everything from decorations to party food (ants on a log and spider crackers) was made. They did a bug theme and the craft was sock lady bugs. They turned out looking more like lobsters...but no one complained.



They played a game with throwing them in the air.



One of the neighbor boys left the party 3 times. He kept coming back though, so I think he's okay. I didn't think little boys have "drama" in their social lives. But there's always something about someone not liking the other and one telling the other that they are 5 instead of 6. I just don't get it.




Graeden's cake is oreo cookie dirt with gummy worms. He loved it and I actually loved that there wasn't any cutting of a cake. We just passed out the cups. One of the candles lit back up again after he blew it out. That was fun. He called it a "dirty trickster".




2 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Love the bug theme, it's very boy! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the mudpie cups instead of a cake. I know my kids would eat that up.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers