November 13, 2009

My Bro

My bro and I are in Sarasota, Florida attending a driver's ed convention. The part I like best about this opportunity is that each night we stayed up well past midnight talking...just like old friends or college roommates. JC and I fought like crazy when we were growing up. It's gone now. We work well together and somehow the bond between us not only survived...but grew, too. I'm thankful to be working with him and I'm glad we're able to utilize each other's strengths.



My uncle, aunt and cousin are also involved in the business. I really like having this relationship with them. We used to see each other on holidays and then the gatherings got too big as our families expanded. So, now we don't get together like we used to. But, working together, we have other situations like this with which to build our bonds. I'm thankful for this opportunity.



The lousy thing about coming to Florida to attend a conference (kid-free) is that we're inside all day. What surprised me was that several people have asked me how Jocelyn was doing. Last year at the convention in Las Vegas I brought her and had her strapped to me most of the day. She was only 5 or 6 weeks old and was very good and quiet. Most people didn't realize for a day or two that I even had a baby with me. (Although the women knew as I often nursed in the restroom lounge.) It was just really nice that they recognized me and thought to ask about my baby.

Interesting twist today - I sat next to a guy in one class that knew the first owner of our school, Defensive Driving School, in the early 1970s. It was neat to talk to him and understand how much similarity is in our curricula. Learning a bit of history can be so enlightening.

Today (unlike rainy yesterday) was beautiful and we ate lunch in the courtyard. It was so nice. But, uh, yeah, the photos above are all I have of this fabulous trip...maybe tomorrow I'll get some of the actual convention or the hotel with its own marina.

4 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. ha,ha! That is too fun! I did not even know you were gone, no wonder Tymon did not answer when I sent him a IM, he has all the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so great that you get along well with your bro. (you guys definitely look alike!) I think every mom wants to see her kids love each other. Now if I can can only get Reid to stop poking his little brother in the eye...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who has those babies!?!?! Grandma and daddy? Do you miss Jocelyn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back now, but my visiting teacher had Jett and Jocelyn for a couple of day while Tymon was working and Graeden and Elliott were in school/friends house. Tymon took care of all of them on Wed/Sat and the big boys in the evenings/mornings.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers