December 9, 2009

Beautiful Birthday

This morning started out a little hectic, and once I got home from dropping Elliott off at school I hopped into the shower. My lovely friend Diane came over a little earlier than I expected so by the time I was dressed and out of my room she had cleaned up my kitchen and taken out the trash. We had the best visit and I am so so so thankful for her friendship. She brought me some sour watermelon candy for my birthday. I've been craving it since my cousin shared some with me while watching New Moon a few weeks ago.



Another friend, Donna, invited me and another birthday girl to her home for lunch. It was so good and Donna makes the best bread EVER. It's seriously like candy. After lunch Jett, Jocelyn and I went shopping. I got a sweater and a pair of shorts...not like I'll be wearing them any time soon since the temperatures are below freezing. But they are cute and were on sale.

We picked up the big boys from school and my birthday present was on the doorstep. Thanks Tymon!

The next part of my day was the worst...fighting boys. More like Graeden terrorizing his siblings. And what do I do with him? Is this a stage or the start of a miserable path? I took them to the gym and we played around and shot some baskets and practiced dribbling. Really and truly I'm trying to be present in their lives. It's so hard. My tendency to find the internet more interesting than parenthood isn't the greatest.

My parents came over this evening and brought dinner. Some of my cousins came over and caroled and brought us a plate of Christmas goodies. And when the house was quiet I checked my email to find that one of my friends emailed me to tell me that I'd won a blog giveaway today. And just when the day was nearly over, Tymon came home from school and brought me Swedish Fish and cheesecake.

Yes, today was good. I am so thankful for wonderful friends and family and for all of the well wishing on my Facebook wall. I have truly felt loved today. THANK YOU!

5 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Happy Birthday! Glad it was great, and I only have 2 kiddos, but the "terrorizing" of younger siblings goes on here quite a bit too. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tymon displays a very good taste in color...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Bridget! I love sour watermelons. Yummy! I wish you a year of happy, healthy, well-behaved children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Watermelon sour patch are my favorite too. Along with New Moon, now that sounds delicious. Love, Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers