December 16, 2009

Time

It's been hard for me to write lately. Even now I don't feel any great thoughts coming yet I know it is time to break the silence of the past week. On a great note I will show you what fun we had at the YMCA last Friday night. Jocelyn and I played in the gym and the boys went swimming.



Tymon was a taxi to the boys with the foam noodles.



On a not so great note, my brothers and parents and a consultant had a meeting this afternoon when I noticed my mom with a blank stare and jerk like motions to turn her head. I interrupted whoever happened to be speaking and asked her if she was alright and there was no response. After several seconds...maybe 30 she snapped back and was totally alert. She didn't know why we were staring at her and she was fine. I had asked my brother to call 911 and she was totally opposed to that. We didn't and continued our meeting. Maybe 10-20 minutes later it happened again. This time I asked her to smile for me. My father waved his hand in front of her face. She has no recollection of this happening. On the way home, my dad took her to her doctor. She had another episode there. They sent her to the hospital and she had another episode there. She's now had a cat scan and EKG. They are unsure whether she had some mini-strokes or seizures. Either way it's not good and she's staying in the hospital tonight. My brother and father are giving her a blessing now.

I'm not ready to say goodbye. My boys have suffered great loss in their few years on earth. It's not time for them to lose their Nana, too. I hope all will be well. I pray for the doctors and nurses who administer to her and ask that you will, too. I want more time with my mom.

11 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. I'm sure she'll be just fine. It's good they kept her in hospital overnight, and that they're doing all these tests. These "seizures" (for lack of a better word) might only be an announcement of things to come, and, who knows, maybe they caught "it" just in time before something worse develops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is well with your mom in the end, but in the meantime I just hope you can have some comfort to get through the uncertainty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing that you noticed and didn't let it be ignored. I've saved my father's life 3 times from strokes, even when I was the only one that insisted on taking him to the hospital. It's better to be safe than sorry. I'll say an extra prayer for you, your mom and your family. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too scary. Death is stupid. I understand and love the plan of salvation, but it doesn't make the dying part less stupid. My prayers are with you and your momma, I'm glad this happened with you all around her to catch it. I am sure she will have many many more years with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridget, I just wanted to let you know that I love you, and I love your mom. I will pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your mom. Hope all is well with her. Sickness is no fun when it comes to your parents. My father was just diagnosed with MS. Yuck! My prayers are with you. Love, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bridget, we will be thinking of you and earnestly praying for your Mom. Our thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will keep you and your mom in our prayers! I do know that people can recover from strokes/seizures if you catch them early enough, so it's a good thing you were paying attention. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zdravniki in blagoslov in molitve...v dobrih rokah je. Ti posiljam en mocan e-objem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so much. We appreciate all the prayers we can get.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers