January 10, 2010

Three Days

Thursday afternoon, I picked up my kids from my friend Amber's house. She opened the door, took one look at me and said, "Did you get your hair cut? It's uh...yeah, did you pay for that?"



And my dear sweet husband didn't even notice. I didn't blog about it and clue him in. For three days, I waited and nothing.... Then Saturday night, Tymon and I were at the fridge getting some juice to drink, he looked at me and noticed my hair. On his own.

It was so hard to keep silent for three days. I also felt like if I didn't have anything nice to say about this girl who'd just graduated beauty school and was only on the second day of her new job, then I shouldn't say anything at all. It doesn't bother me so much that she told me that I should go home and wash my hair and style it like normal and if it still looked choppy then I could come back and they'd fix it...What really eats me up is that I said, "okay" to that. Like why didn't I just tell the girl that I wasn't satisfied and that the other lady could fix it? The colleague was on her 4th client in the 60 plus minutes that it took the rookie to do my simple style. It's too bad we can't rewind time and rework our actions. It seems like the best things to say come to mind after the fact. Phooey.

9 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. ok Bridge, let’s be reasonable... who did a better job? The girl who just recently graduated from beauty school, or is it me (who just spontaneously pulled out all of the skills needed for such an action)? =]

    Now seriously, I don’t think there’s something wrong going on with your hair. Honestly, it’s not terrible as you think. It looks ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really isn't bad. You could probably go back and ask to get it fixed. I did the same thing when I got my hair colored at a beauty school. It looked TERRIBLE and I was too nice, or too shy, or something and I didn't say anything. It was a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bridget, I can totally sympathize. I have been through at least 7 stylists in the last year trying to get one to be able to replicate the look that a GREAT stylist gave me almost 2 years ago. I really believe that only a few people must have an actual talent for cutting hair. Right now, my hair is about 4 inches long all over my head (trying desperately to grow it out). Your hair still looks beautiful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chopping skills are tough to have. My minimum is 10 years cutting hair before they even look at me. Which is a total change from my college years when I would just put my hair in a ponytail and went chop chop chop. I think I did that in China.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it's bad. Granted, I haven't seen you "live" in a couple of years, but I also doubt your missionary days were your "best hair days"...
    Maybe a picture or two more would help... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the same thing to Mike last month but I also had coloring for the first time and for me it was a huge deal. I caved in and told him the next day and decided then if he didn't notice this change I can save myself $$ and not color my hair again.
    That is somewhat unlike you not to speak up and say something, but I think it looks fine. At least it's not purple or spiked, not that there's anything wrong with that. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had a few bad haircuts, and I have only once gone back to have it fixed. (That one was that HORRIBLE) I generally just put it up in a ponytail and no one can see it.
    Your hair doesn't look bad to me from the picture, and the good news is- hair always grows again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd go back and insist on an experienced stylist fixing it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your hair is always beautiful... even when it's in a pony! If you are unhappy, I'd suggest getting rid of the layers and going for a blunt cut. Besides, your hair grows crazy fast!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers