February 25, 2010

Going Rogue


Just Read: Sarah Palin's audio book, Going Rogue: An American Life. Loved it. But actually, I listened to it. Sarah actually reads the audio book and it's neat to hear her voice as she shares her life and beliefs. I spent a few hours cleaning my room just to give me an excuse to listen to longer segments than a 15 minute drive to school or 7 minute drive to the Y. I finished in one day...the mark of a truly good book. 


What I liked most is how REAL Sarah is. I really like her as a person and I want to read her blog. I identify with many of her beliefs. I finally understand some of the energy issues with Alaska. For example, for decades oil companies have sat on their land leases and not developed oil fields responsibly like they could/should have done. Not only is American oil not being accessed, but since we NEED oil for energy and products we are pumping billions of dollars into other countries economies that we could be keeping in ours....and other governments aren't held to high environmental standards like we are...and other governments can jack up oil prices or cut production and some Middle Eastern countries that have lots of oil actually hate Americans...not so smart to depend on them. 

I truly hope that Palin is not done with the national stage. I think we could use a few more politicians like her in every political party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers