February 2, 2010

Stuck

Since working on the heaps of paper in my disaster zone of a home office, I have had a song stuck in my head. I found it while sorting and filing and recycling. One of the reasons why it takes me so long to do this project is that I like to relive the past when I look at old things. So, I found a folder from a program I was involved with when I was 16 years old. The song I Walk By Faith by Janice Kapp Perry and Joy Saunders Lundberg was in it. Instead of just looking at it and moving on, I stopped what I was doing and had a song break. Yes, if you were in my home you would have seen me sitting in a pile up to my head in boxes and papers and belting out the tune:

I walk by faith
A daughter of heavenly parents
Divine and I in nature
By inheritance
And someday 
When God has proven me
I'll see him face to face
But just for here and now 
I walk by faith
Yes, just for here and now
I walk by faith

There's more to it. But this is the part that repeats endlessly in my mind. Just in case you, too, would like it to stick in your mind: you can see the sheet music here and listen to the song here.

3 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. I remember that song! I think we sang it for a YW thingy. Thanks for the memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, man...you need to post a warning before reading. Now I'm stuck, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to sing it like crazy when I was in YW.

    Yup, it's now stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers