March 23, 2010

Potty Party

We're not potty training Jocelyn right now. It's just that sometimes I dump her diaper out in the toilet and have her sit on the seat and then we get up and flush and say, "Yay! Bye, bye Poopie!"



Here's Jett holding her hand (keeping her from falling off while I get the wet wipes). I am thinking that this summer Jocelyn will be diaper-free. Right now we're just testing out the sitting part for a minute or two each time. I have a bad taste in my mouth from Jett's training days...but this time Jocelyn is so young that I have NO expectations. I'll just encourage her natural fascination with the toilet. :o)
Posted by Picasa

4 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Blurg! I am totally avoiding potty training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I put her on the toilet too when she stayed over... after that poop on my floor thing, but that was MY FAULT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a tremendous failure at potty training and am avoiding it like the plague with my 2 year old. Maybe I should take your approach and let it be a gradual introduction. Oh, I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know Misha...a two year old is old enough to know what to do on the potty...that was my failure/misery with Jett. I knew he knew what to do. And that expectation with my frustration was detrimental to our relationship. In the end, on the fourth attempt over a 9 month period, what worked was getting him a froggy potty and he ran around sans diaper. He didn't mind that...but I wouldn't let him on the carpet or furniture. That motivated him (as well as "feeding" his froggy). He wanted to sit on the carpet and watch cartoons.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers