March 31, 2010

Silver Lining

Sometimes, it seems like it just rains and rains and rains. Not just because we live in Washington, but also because every time I turn around something lousy happens. I think this has been going on for pretty much all of this decade. Yup, I used to not have problems (unless you count fighting with my sister about who wore whose jeans last and got a stain on them). Now they drench my soul.

But today, a cloud that has been looming over us for about two years has shone a bit of sunshine behind it. And by a bit, I mean a lot a bit. I've been excited and smiling all afternoon. I've been hoping and praying for this for a long time.


And what is so wonderful you ask? Two years ago we gutted a house. We poured money into it and made it look great. It sat on the market for 10 months as we watched home prices plummet. All that work. Ugh. We finally rented it out a year ago. To stop the bleeding. Our renters are buying another house and moving in a few weeks. Yesterday, my dad listed the home. We were hoping that someone will want to buy while the tax credit is still going on (deadline is the end of April). Praying that selling won't be painful this time. Dreading an extra house payment. Really wanting a golden buyer.


Today I picked up the sign to post on the house. Went to the grocery store. And got a phone call in the produce aisle. I didn't think it'd happen so soon. Someone is interested. Can they come by this afternoon? I arranged it with the tenant. The buyer loved it. Her mom lives nearby. She submitted her offer this evening.

What an amazing tender mercy of the Lord. Seriously. This doesn't happen like this. Did I mention that it was a full price offer? Yay! Ha! Take that lousy economy and housing market! I am really so pleased. Now all we have to do is close the deal. I am praying for NO hiccups. And that can happen, right?! Because really the Lord wants our lives to be a little simpler. A little more debt-free. And a lot more manageable....to prepare us for the next time a raincloud comes our way. For now, we've got a sun break and silver lining. I am so grateful.

8 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Great news! I love those moments where the sun seems to come out behind the clouds. Crossing my fingers everything goes through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's amazing! How wonderful. Sometimes homes sell quickly, even in this market; my parents' house just sold in under a month! I'm happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Congratulations! Thank goodness for silver linings. I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A miracle indeed! I hope it all works out smoothly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers