April 4, 2010

Bitter Sweet


Last night we made Easter cookies with the boys. Each ingredient has a scripture attached to it, which related it to part of the story of Christ's crucifixion. We put the cookies in a hot oven and turned it off and waited until morning to get them out. We put one of them on Evan's grave. They are hollow in the middle. Just like the tomb Jesus was laid in was empty 3 days after he was placed there.

So what is the resurrection to me? The greatest gift. Ever. A gift of love. Christ suffered for me. For my family. For you and yours. He is an integral part of Heavenly Father's plan of happiness. Our happiness. He conquered the beast, Death. And through Him, we can, too.

We wouldn't know sweet without the bitter. I know just enough about bitter to understand that when we are reunited with our boy some day, it will be the sweetest event of my life. Families can be together forever.
Posted by Picasa

4 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Beautiful post Bridget. So grateful for the beast of death that has been conquered as well. I LOVE the tulips at Evan's grave. They are beautiful. What a neat idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful perspective on the resurrection. It is one of the most amazing promises we have in life...among the sweetest things to anticipate. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the personal meaning the resurrection takes on to each of us. It's tailor made for our suffering. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers