April 17, 2010

Broken Heart

My heart is broken for another family right now. The 5 year old grandson of one of our driving instructors was hit while his father was backing out of the driveway. The tears flow as I think about the devastation this family is experiencing. Their missing and longing. The what if's. The questions. The why me's. Being totally stunned. Disoriented. The same thoughts and feelings I had back then, with Evan, surface now as an extension of my own pain. I ache for their loss as I ache for my own.

Before Evan, I didn't know profound grief. And I definitely didn't react this way when I heard sad stories in the past. My tears shed deeper now. There are very few pivotal points in a person's life. Life changing and defining. Where everything traces back to the before X happened and the after.

I came across this video today. I heard it originally not long after Evan died. Sometimes it takes a little time and space to want to take an eternal perspective...and more time to adopt it. As I listen tonight, I am now (nearly 19 months later) more readily able to
1. learn to laugh,
2. seek for the eternal,
3. understand compensation, and
4. trust in the Father and the Son.

2 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. I just love you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how much I admire you? I'm so proud of you Bridget.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers