April 26, 2010

Crumble Bread

I don't think there is any better scent than that of freshly baked bread. Last night I put all the ingredients into my bread maker and set the timer for it to complete at 6:30 this morning. I was not disappointed. As I lay in bed this morning trying to decide whether I wanted to get up or not, it beckoned to me to come and get a slice.


This loaf of bread takes the prize for my bread maker creations. Sorry Bunny Bread!  I was experimenting with my alternative flours and I got a product that just does not work for sandwiches.


Note to self: substituting even a little bit of coconut flour for regular flour, I must supervise the entire process. Perhaps, it would have worked in a smaller quantity. There are three cups of regular flour here and one cup of coconut flour. Maybe 1/2 cup or 1/4 cup would be better...coconut flour has no gluten, which is what holds the bread together. I hypothesized that the end result may be a little crumbly. But I thought the high gluten content of my other flours would override and at least I'd get a real loaf.

Ha ha. Now I'm wondering what I can make with crumbles...maybe it could top a casserole or cobbler. I really like the taste...just not the form.

3 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Oh no! I'm very sorry about your bread. That's really too bad to be smelling yummy fresh bread, and then realize you aren't going to enjoy it like you though. At least it wasn't inedible. That's worse. I think it could be good as a cobbler topping, or maybe you could let them get a little stale and use them as croutons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! You can always use it to bread chicken and make chicken fingers...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Good to know! I guess you can always make meatloaf...if you like meatloaf...or maybe bread pudding! That's really crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers