May 15, 2010

Stepping Back

I'm currently preparing to teach a lesson tomorrow in church about prophets and I thought of a story from college about prophets that may fit well. So, I am now reading my journal entries of my senior year to see if I can find it and to refresh my memory on it's finer points.

I did come across a funny memory...
November 16, 2000
I laughed tonight as Brett and I dropped Erin off at home....the Carpenters were on the radio and all of a sudden just as [Erin's] about to get out, Brett starts in [singing], "Don't you remember you told me you loved me baby..." So then I joined in [with the next line] and I can just imagine what she was thinking...she laughed...
And interesting thoughts with a bit of foreshadowing, really...
December 13, 2000
I'm seriously considering taking over the driving school. (I was filling in for my parents while they were out of town and I was on my winter break from school.)
And a loss that rocked me to the core...
February 28, 2001
I just feel sick. I noticed tonight in the library that I was missing my gold Celtic ring that Kristal and I got in Inverness, Scotland. I knew that it was loose, but I never thought it would just fall off...What upsets me is how much a material possession means to me, but it really does.
March 18, 2001
I haven't seen my ring. I didn't wear any for two weeks. I was in mourning. Now I've got some silver ones on. I'll work up to putting on gold again - maybe tomorrow.
But I think the story I'm looking for is in another journal.

4 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Sad. You never found it? Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. I never found the ring. Now I'll have to take another trip to the Scotland with my sister to get another one. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My old journals are sitting in a box with the rest of my old "junk" (girls camp necklace, prom pictures, yearbooks, etc.). It would make interesting reading though, I'm sure. Sadly, I don't keep a journal anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you teach RS? If so you teach the same lesson I do. Cool. If so we will have to conspire together on our lesson. I need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers