July 8, 2010

On The Way Home

The evening sun is streaming through my window as I type. It's warm. And hard to concentrate. This afternoon, I've been meaning to reflect on all that has happened the last several weeks.  But the sun distracts me and lulls me into a sleepy state. I fought it off by filling water balloons for the boys. The wet refreshes me.



This afternoon we put Jovana on a plane back to Serbia. She doesn't know it but I caught her giving Evan a clean headstone right before leaving. I am so glad that he was a part of her life. And a part of mine.

We ate lunch with the apes in the Rainforest Cafe. We've never been there before, but it was only a few minutes away from the airport. What a great atmosphere! The kids loved it. And so did I.

It's hard to believe that the month is over. When she came back we picked up where we left off. It was as if she'd never gone. But she did. And had so many experiences to share of her first year at college.



We teared up a little at the airport. But this goodbye isn't like the last one. More like a "see ya later". Because I think we may just see her again soon. Maybe this year. Thank you Paunovic Family for sending Jovana to us once again. We appreciate you and her so much.

1 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. I'm glad you guys had fun. I wish we could have seen her more while she was here!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers