July 16, 2010

Raspberry Mango Jelly

Sometimes, it's hard for me to say no to this face.
He and his brothers wanted to help make raspberry jelly. (They were jealous of Jovana getting to make strawberry jelly a few weeks ago.) It's almost like the boys don't realize that I purposefully make jelly late at night so they don't get to help.

Sometimes, when it's so much faster just to do it myself, I have to remember that if I don't take advantage of their enthusiasm now, they won't want to help later. And later they'll be able to complete various tasks faster and better than I will.

They worked hard to strain the seeds and ended up all covered in raspberry juice. I worked hard getting all of the red splatters wiped up. And when I found a mango in my fruit bowl I got the grand idea to put it in one batch of jelly. I won't lie. It's really good. Sit on the couch with a jar and spoon and ridiculously excite your taste buds eating it good.



I'm giving one lucky reader an opportunity to win a jar.

To enter:
Follow my blog (click the link in the side bar) and leave a comment telling me so. Entry deadline is next Thursday, July 22, 2010. The winner will be posted on Friday, July 23, 2010.
Posted by Picasa

11 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. I already follow your blog...so here's my comment...I want to win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rasberry Jelly! I want some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no jelly in my entire house right now and raspberry is my favorite!! I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Katie. I already follow your blog. And I want some jelly. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your blog and was always reading it but now I FOLLOW follow you! I would love some of your jam and besides that its my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always read your blog. I love it! I'd really like to try some of that raspberry mango jelly. I hope I win! Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm drooling over this! Oh man! PICK JACKIE!

    YUM YUM YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha. I'll pick one right now. It's been busy around here and I forgot :o).

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers