August 22, 2010

Diaper Pals

Once upon a time there were three sets of sisters, we'll call them twisted sisters, who all grew up together from the time that they were babes in diapers. It was a happy time full of play dates, slumber parties, dances and dating.



Then one day they realized they were all grown up. They went to college, traveled the world, got married and moved away. The girls were sad they didn't see each other very much anymore. And they decided they should have big girl slumber parties just like when they were little. The first few were sporadic. And a baby or two tagged along. Not everyone could always come. It was nothing like the old days. So a plan was crafted to make the slumber parties a little bit bigger. And quite frankly, a lot better.



Every 5 years, these Twisted Sisters vowed to get together. No matter where they lived, they would plan to meet up at a mutually agreed upon place. In 2000, they slumbered in Las Vegas and in 2005, they sailed to far off islands in the Carribean. Now, the summer of 2010 brought them together in Disneyland and California Adventure.


I love my pals. It was a fabulous week and refreshed me for the next five years. Life will be so different then. For all of us. Yet still the same. It'll be as if we were never apart. And we'll pick up where we left off.


Posted by Picasa

8 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. That's such a great idea and I'm really jealous. Disneyland without kids...really fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Misha, it was fabulous. When I saw the crowds of people, I kept thinking how great it was that I wasn't chasing after my kids. When a kid was having a meltdown, I was grateful I didn't have to deal with that. And the rides. We rode and rode and rode. And talked and waited in lines and weren't pestered with questions about how long before it was our turn. Everyone should do Disney without kids at least once.

    I told Graeden we could go as a family when the kids learned to stay close to us and not run off and when they were tall enough to go on rides (I didn't tell him about the kiddie rides that you could be short on).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a fabulous writer!!!! I love reading your blog. I had such a great time...I had forgotten what it was like to be around old friends...the ones who know everything about you and knew you when you were young and crazy and stupid and gullible and still love you anyway. I miss you girls already! Love Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fabulous recap, Bridget! I couldn't have said it all better myself. Oh, the fabulous memories I have! I love you, and I love any other "twisted sisters" that might be reading this! We really need to put that slogan on our shirts next time....

    Here's to someplace fabulous (everywhere is fabulous with friends) in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea! And I totally agree- Disney is fun without kids. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best idea in...EV'r!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like so much fun to go on trips with your best friends! Oh. I forgot. I was there and it was fabulous and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you girls had so much fun. I can tell by the pictures that it was a crazy and exciting trip. LOL… the picture of five of you asleep should definitely be announced for the picture of the month =] no, no… of THE YEAR. Love it =]

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers