August 30, 2010

The Journey Begins

Welcome Danica! (Pronounced Don-eat-sa.)

Knowing that it would take some time for Danica to get through customs, I planned to get to the airport about a half hour after her flight arrived. I didn't bother bringing flight info. All of the international flights come to the same baggage claim. Once there, I started getting worried when I didn't see her airline listed above the luggage. Not that I knew which airline she was flying. Just that it wasn't the one listed. Imagine my surprise when her direct flight from Frankfurt wasn't on the arrivals reader board. Not a good sign.

My life line call to Tymon went something like this:
"Uh, Tymon, will you look up Danica's flight information for me? Yeah, just tell me the airline. Hmm. That's not even listed. Will you look up and see when her flight landed? 7:12pm? Are you serious? It's after 9pm right now."

I'm not sure why this wasn't in the itinerary, but Danica's flight landed in Washington D.C. first and she went through customs there. Then flew to Seattle and landed over an hour BEFORE the scheduled arrival.

She saw me immediately when I finally found her baggage claim area and probably let out a big sigh of relief. She's a bright and friendly girl. And a ham. She posed for me in this shot. It's a good one. Ha ha. All is well.


I got pulled over on the way home. I had no idea why. Traffic leaving the airport was fairly heavy and I was only going 40mph on the freeway. Turns out my lights weren't on. Doh! Well, my daytime running headlights were on. There just weren't any lights on in the rear of my vehicle. I'd like to say this is the first time it's happened. But it's not. It was the first time I was pulled over for it, though. And hopefully the last. I turned them on and the officer let me go. Yay!

3 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. She's a pretty girl (and must be good-natured too!) We hope she is as wonderful for your family as Jovana (am I spelling that right?) Love Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, you got it right. On all counts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun adventure, another "adopted" daughter/friend for your family. Best wishes for a great school year!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers