September 7, 2010

Mr. Problem Solver

We're at a point now when our children have begun to solve their own problems. And quite frankly, I love it. Not that I always love the solutions. But I do enjoy their independence.

Just heard:

Elliott: Go see Mommy. She's in the office.
(Jocelyn comes in with a snotty nose and some yellow stuff all over her hands. I wipe her nose and hands and there is a distinct odor of mustard.)
Me Elliott: What's on her hands?
Elliott: I don't know.
Me: It smells like mustard.
Elliott: That's because it is mustard.
Me: Why does she have mustard on her hands?
Elliott: Because we didn't have any almond milk. So I took regular milk and mixed it with mustard and made some.
Me: (Trying not to laugh and looking over at Jocelyn's bowl of milky mustard granola.) Oh. Almond milk isn't made out of regular milk and mustard.
Jett: Then what's it made out of?
Me: Almonds.

And I'm still laughing at this creative solution to the Jocelyn doesn't drink cow's milk problem.

4 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. HAHA! Way to use your problem solving skilzzz, Elliott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can only imagine what that would taste like. Poor Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing cow's milk suddenly doesn't sound/taste half as bad anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right Tina, it doesn't. Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers