October 28, 2010

No Toys = Not So Bad

Happy Birthday to my firstborn Graeden! 

Seven years ago today I was still on my baby birthing high even though I birthed you au natural. This high was all about I am woman hear me roar and what I am capable of accomplishing. What a rush! I have never felt anything like it since that day. Not even with the births of your siblings. 
I love that you chose Red Robin for your birthday dinner. You've got class. Your uncles always chose McDonald's when they were young. Of course they don't have corn dogs at McDonald's, so would never have been a valid choice anyway.
Making taffy with you this afternoon was fun. And sticky. Really sticky. Does anybody want any? We have plenty and will definitely share. Come knock on my door on Sunday evening and I'll give you some.

I'm happy that it wasn't so bad for you not having a friend party with lots of presents this year. I truly hope that you and your brothers will learn to appreciate your toys and take good care of them instead of breaking them within 24 hours of receiving them. Maybe then we can have parties again. Although 3 of the 4 punching balloons that Jett gave you are popped...so I'm not sure you're learning all the lessons I'm trying to teach you. I'm pleased that your Nana took you and your brothers to Suessical Musical for your birthday and that you love the theatre. I do, too.

And I really love that you love your new microscope. It made me smile to see you running to get the fingernail clippers to get a clipping to look at close up. Now you can see how gross and dirty your nails truly are. What was really cool was to see one of your hairs up close. It was like a sliver of silver. And Danica's brown hair looked golden. Seriously awesome. I love you Buddy.

3 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Your blog is so sweet! It looks like he had a great birthday. And thank you for becoming a follower of ThreeBoys. You are my 100th follower!! Such a milestone for me. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brid, can't believe he is 7! Time flies! Love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got to say that you are the woman. I went through a baby birthing high...but none of them au natural. Cute post! He will love it when he's older. And I agree with the toyless parties. My kiddo's are having issues not breaking stuff too.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers