November 2, 2010

No Tricks, Lots of Treats

My beauties.

A little pumpkin for our little Pumpkin.


Getting ready to go.


Graeden wanted to be Luigi because his neighbor buddy was Mario. They are cute together.


I loved seeing Jocelyn going around and getting treats. She had a great time.
The kids loved having a four day candy weekend (starting with Graeden's birthday and ending with Halloween). Sometimes, it gets hard for them to decline candy, but as they follow through with the no sweets challenge, I can see them developing self control, an internal junk-food-meter and knowing when eating enough is truly enough. After eating his fill of Halloween junk, Elliott declared that he was hungry for something healthier. Melt my heart. He gets it.



Last week was parent/teacher conferences. We talked about the no sweets challenge and I found out that every time there is a birthday in class or a treat of any sort that the boys are declining them. On their own. Without me or Tymon ever knowing. I love this character development.

2 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Your kids look so cute! And they got A LOT of candy. Maybe you should bring some of it to the office. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a whole lotta candy! That's really impressive your kids are learning some self control. Mine are still learning how NOT to sneak any when mom isn't looking...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers