November 26, 2010

Not In The Mood

I haven't been in the mood for much lately.
Except for guilt.
Guilt that I'm not in the mood.
And disinterested.
In my blog.
In literature.
In work.
And definitely not dishes or sweeping.
And that I don't want to get out of bed...
Even when Black Friday beckons me.
Or when my kids beckon me.
Like this morning my kids are decorating the house for Christmas.
And I'm in bed.
Bleh.
I did get up yesterday.
We had Thanksgiving with family and friends.
29 of us.
The new brie en croute recipe was a hit.
And the Caprese salad.
Cousin Roger's smoked turkey was so tender.
And delicious.
My mom gave us her left over rolls.
Love it.
And there were so many other fabulous dishes.
And great people.
And the kids were rambunctious.
I think I like summer parties with kids better.
Being outside mutes them some.
Talk of food lifts my spirits.
I think I'll get up now.
Plus Wham's "Last Christmas" is on the radio.
And that reminds me of when it was a new album.
And how much I loved those guys.
Then George Michael went off on his own.
Then he was bisexual and into self-destructive behavior.
But I like to think of him before all that.
Rolling out now to help my kids.
And make some cider.
And build memories.
Soon I'll be in the mood...

3 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Wow, Bridget! I feel like I could have written whole sections of this, except I didn't have 29 people over. I think I need those recipes, esp. the caprese salad. I have found that taking a Christmas plate with treats to someone instantly helps with "the m
    ood." Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers