December 3, 2010

Winning

I like to be a winner. And not just the time when my mom told me I was a winner for trying out for the jazz choir my senior year of high school. I think she wanted me to feel good about my audition. And it would have been cool if I'd made it into this bestest of all choirs in the school...especially since ALL of my siblings were in it. But it was not meant to be. And I'm over it. I think.

Actually, I find that I win things frequently. Not all the time. And definitely never something as big as a car or a bicycle for that matter. But enough little stuff to keep my hopes high. What I don't like though is when I win something on a blog giveaway and I never actually receive the prize. I'm pretty sure I've won about 6 or 7 giveaways in the last 6 months...never to hear from half of them ever again.

But there is hope. Not everyone is a loser. Or a neglected winner/loser like me sometimes :o). I won the following three giveaways this past month and I want to publicly thank these blogs/sponsors for excellent follow through and actually sending the prizes. Hurray for them. You should check out their sites.

1. Blu Moon Design for the $10 gift certificate. I used it toward this cute pink messenger bag pictured. 
2. Hollilocks for these fabulous clips for Jocelyn's hair (shhh...don't tell her that she'll also find these under the tree). They are very affordable and well-made.
3. And last but not least the Casual Blogger Community for a $10 Target gift card.
Posted by Picasa

2 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. You are so funny! I think you feel like a lot of us feel. I tried out for cheerleading 3 years in a row and the elite choir and didn't make either.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers