March 8, 2011

Dimitry* (not his real name)

Just over a month ago, I read Tiffany Taylor Wines' article about Dimitry, a 10 year old boy from Russia she hosted in her home last summer. And my heart went out to this boy. Seriously. I talked to the agency about him last week. They prefer adopted children be a year younger than the youngest child in the home ... which doesn't fit our family but maybe we could get an exception ... I talked with the boys about it one night. Graeden was especially excited about the prospect of having an older brother.

It turns out the main issue preventing us from adopting Dimitry is not the ages of our children, its that Baby Girl will also be joining our family this summer...and we'd have to be available to travel to Russia 2-3 times in the next 4-8 months to complete an adoption. Eek. Unfortunately that won't work for us, especially considering we may have some hospital stays in our future.

But maybe I'm just supposed to be a messenger and advocate for Dimitry. Maybe he's actually supposed to be in your family. Seriously read the article. Look at this boy. Is he yours? 
If he is, we will do what we can to help you adopt him.

2 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Wow, he even looks like your boys; he probably would have fit right in. I wish him the best and hope he gets the family he deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn you, Bridget! You always make me think. . .

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers