April 9, 2011

Girl Smiley

I love that we caught her smiling 
twice
Maybe she knows something we do not. 
Like how it doesn't matter that 
her branch pulmonary arteries 
are growing at a normal rate 
(not faster like I want) 
and it's okay that her aortic arch goes to the right 
instead of the left 
(at a 90 degree angle with a risk of pinching). 
She will be okay. 

Next month we will plan her birth 
with the pediatric cardiologist.
Cardiologist?
Yes.
It is what it is.

I will be okay.
I will not sit up in the wee hours of the morning.
Google search after Google search.
Getting educated.
Trying to gain some control.
When I have none.


Look at her sleeping.
So sweet.
Innocent.
Knowing.
I think she has my nose.
And maybe a touch of hair?
That's my hope.
It makes the heart burn worth it.


Her sleep comes and goes.
It must be fleeting.
I'm being constantly hit. 
Or kicked.
Or hugged?
I love her.

11 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Oh, she is gorgeous! I've never seen a smiling ultrasound. I'll keep your little one in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet face. I love her too. I am sending good energy for this little one. I hope you feel peace about the process that awaits you with this birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love her too! The ultrasound is precious. You girls are always in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man. I am glad things are being followed closely. What a tender time for you in preparing for her birth. I hope the peace and resolve you have will continue to be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful 3D ultrasound...it is amazing isn't it? We'll keep praying for you and her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That 3-D image is amazing! I so wish I had those of my boys. Right now, I'm especially grateful for the miracles of modern medicine. I'm sure you are too. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your attitude. I am the kind of person that worries about things that aren't even problems yet like what I have a child with special needs? What if I miscarry or have a stillborn? Etc. Etc. This just reminds me that Heavenly Father is in control, and instead of worrying and planning for things that I can't change or foresee (or may not even be something that will happen!), I should celebrate the many blessings that have come my way. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is already SO beautiful. =] I love her dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know you were expecting! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How amazing to see her smile. I never got to try the 3D ultrasound, so we were lucky to see grainy-looking movement. ;)

    Hang in there. We are praying for you and your special little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What the HOLY FREAK! That is the craziest picture I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers