July 10, 2011

Semi-Long, Kinda Strong, Sort Of Closer Together

Did I tell you about my friend Sabrina? She brought us an early dinner the day Jocelyn was born. Tymon was outside talking to the guy who was painting the outside of our house. I had come outside to do a walk around and then Sabrina came. I felt a good solid contraction. So solid that Sabrina had to help me in the house. Jocelyn was born just over 3 hours later.

Sabrina called me up the other day. She said she was going out of town but would be back on Saturday. She wanted to bring me dinner, if Kira came or not, on Sunday afternoon. Fabulous. Sabrina's good luck.


I lay down this afternoon and then felt a contraction. The same as I've been having for the past few months. Same intensity. Only this time another one followed. Then another Am I in labor? Maybe. I started timing them. To see if I have more. Bottom line, it's been 2 hours and I still have them. Except I'm walking and talking just fine. And I lose track of timing the contractions when someone distracts me. Or I write a blog post. Ha ha.

We ate dinner. My boys are begging me to get Sabrina's teriyaki chicken recipe. And for the cake, too. Delicious. We'll call it Kira's birthday cake. I ate. I haven't thrown up...which is standard for me in labor. The boys have packed over night bags. We're loading the car up now and are headed to the hospital. And it's still a little unreal to me that this may be it. Our adventure is about to begin.

4 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. YAY! Excited for you. You will do great in the hospital!

    Good luck.

    I wore the same shirt in blue and while while I was pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We check your blog every day...can't wait to see a picture of Kira! Love Becky and Katie (at our family reunion)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers