August 31, 2011

Learning to Bake

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison
And likewise, Graeden found out this morning that substituting cups for teaspoons of salt in his muffin recipe didn't work. I helped him measure the flour and oil and even filling the muffin tin, but he measured everything else and stirred on his own. I didn't even notice the salt mistake. Half a cup is so different then half a teaspoon. Bleh. They went into the trash. I'm pretty sure Graeden will be extra careful getting his measurements correct next time we bake.
Chef Graeden tasting an extra salty muffin.
His muffins remind me of the time when my brother JC learned the same lesson when he was a kid. He was making cookies and put in a cup of baking soda instead of a teaspoon. They were nice and big/fluffy and oh so nasty!

3 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Ha, ha! I've done that! I did 3 tablespoons instead of teaspoons of basking soda! I gave my kids a hard time when they were groaning and complaining about the bran muffins... after all, "You liked them LAST time!!" Then I tasted one and quickly realized what all the fuss was about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shouldn't have thrown out the muffins. They could have fed the slugs!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers