September 21, 2011

Hand of God: Echo

Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us today? Most definitely.


I am reminded today of an ancient lesson the prophet Lehi taught his son Jacob; it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. Without the bitter we do not truly know the sweet. Kira is a living breathing example of such a physical phenomenon. We found out during her echocardiagram that her branch arteries are growing to meet the demands of her blood flow. Her cardiologist wants to see her again in six months...and if everything continues to progress as it is now, we won't need to come back for any more follow-up visits. We have been praying for several months that Kira will be able to run and play with her siblings. I am confident that one day she will.


A couple of months ago, at Kira's last echo, they took some blood to do genetic tests. They looked specifically at a couple of syndromes that have branch artery problems associated with them. We got the negative results for those today, too. Yay! 


Kira's still got other issues that we're looking into. I'm wondering if her body slowed it's normal growth pattern so it could concentrate on getting her arteries bigger. I'm not sure if we'll ever be able to answer that, but in case there are mal-absorption issues we are having her bowel movements tested. Testing fecal matter is a little gross. If you'd come over half an hour ago, you would have caught me scraping Kira's stool into a container to take to the lab tomorrow. 



I really liked that the procedure room at Children's had a movie for Jocelyn to watch. They also have crayons and coloring pages and little packages of graham crackers. Jocelyn was semi-decent for the 2.5 hours we were there. She did use the potty three times in the first 45 minutes. I'm trying not to be annoyed with that. At least she didn't have an accident. Though I'm not sure if she really went after the first time...she wouldn't allow me to come in after that. If I did, she screamed at me to get out. I'm sure this is just a small indication of what she'll be like as a teenager.

1 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. I love it when a plan comes together (A-Team). Substitute Plan with Prayer.

    Remind me not to eat anything out of your tupperware until long after the stool samples.

    When Jocelyn screams at you to get out as a teen, take comfort with your thoughts of showering off with her after she vomited on you and being glad for the bonding experience. In your blog you put in perspective that it would be worth it to be thrown up by Evan if he were only around to barf on you.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers