October 31, 2011

Take A Couple

Halloween.
It used to be one of my favorite holidays because of the candy. My siblings and friends and I would seriously walk around the entire town and collect candy in our pillow cases for three or four hours. We stopped about 10pm since most porch lights were dark about then. Our stashes of candy lasted for weeks. Ahh. Those were the days. Free candy.

But now, I realize that it's much cheaper for me to just go and buy whatever I want. And not be left with loads of Tootsie Rolls and Smarties. I did like the Double Bubble, though. Even though I would never actually buy it.


What really surprised me this year was this convo:

Me: Take a couple.
Costumed kid: Wait, what do you mean?
Me: Take two.
Costumed kid: Oh.

The surprise is that I had it several times. From kids of all ages. That was so wild. I'm making sure my kids know what "a couple" means. Some trick-or-treaters thought it meant "a few". Others thought it meant "several". One cute toddler thought it just meant one. I liked her best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers