November 30, 2011

The Gratitude Game

We played the Gratitude game for Family Home Evening Monday night. Here are the rules:
1. Sit in a circle.
2. Take turns saying one thing you're thankful for.
3. You can not repeat anything anyone else has said.
4. If you cannot say something within 5 seconds then you're out.
5. The last one out is the winner.


We didn't have a winner. Or rather we were all winners. After 10 minutes we stopped the game because no one had gone out and we still had plenty of things on our thankful lists. Elliott really surprised me. His family and faith were the first handful of things he mentioned. Not that I'm surprised that he loves me or Jesus. It's just that he didn't once mention the Wii. Or computer. Or toys for that matter. His heart wasn't focused on anything material. I just love that. Jett was the same. Jocelyn repeated that she was thankful for Jett on about 5 different turns. We let her keep playing even with the repeats. She is only three. :o) It's too bad Graeden fell asleep early. I would have liked to have heard what he said.

1 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. What a cute idea! I need to be better about FHE. Our nights are always just so crazy with 4 little ones!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers