December 19, 2011

Hidden

If she can't see me that means I can't see her. Or so she thinks.


I was laughing about Jocelyn "hiding" from me not too long ago when a friend (border patrol agent in Arizona) said unfortunately, it's not just children who do this. He'd been out on patrol not too long ago and saw a grown man trying to hide from him in a bush.

Agent: (in Spanish) Come out. I can see you.
Illegal: (crouches down, covers face with hands and doesn't move)
Agent: I can see you! Come out of there!
Illegal: (doesn't move)
Agent: (pokes him with his nightstick) Come out. I see you.

Really?! Ha ha ha. I want him to take a photo of this next time it happens. I'll put it side by side with Jocelyn's. That's pretty much the whole reason why I'm posting this. Some day she'll get a laugh out of it. Because yes, she truly believes I can't see her in this photo...I'm pretty sure this is the same thought process that tells her I don't know what she's doing when she sneaks open the fridge and take food to eat under her bed. Of course, if she bothered to hide the wrappers, I wouldn't have to know about it.
Posted by Picasa

3 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Remember we used to sneak jello powder and eat it in the attic when we were 3 and 4. We also used to sneak orange juice concentrate from the freezer and eat it. Did mom ever find out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure she knew about it. I think she caught us once with the orange juice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids do this too. It always cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers