July 21, 2012

Kla Ha Ya Fun

Kla Ha Ya: Native American for "welcome".

Welcome to the 2012 annual baby crawl contest.

Welcome Kira, our 2nd place winner and receiver of a $25 gift certificate. I'm pretty sure I'm happier about it than she is.

Welcome to eating a huge chunk of watermelon. Congratulations to Tymon for planning out a winning strategy. If you'd like to win one of these contests in the future, here's the secret: take small enough bites that you only have to chew a couple times and can then swallow.

Welcome to marionberry pie.
 
The second place guy in the watermelon eating contest was happy to compete with Tymon at the pie table. He won. I don't know how he inhaled his piece so quickly. But at least he got one blue ribbon!
 
Winning for me is much less about getting a ribbon and bragging rights than it is about the contest being over and eating most of my piece with a fork. 
 Posted by Picasa

3 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. It sounds like you had a fun day and a lot of winning. I know that if I were to enter Leilani into a crawling contest, she would be so distracted and never make it to the end. The pie looks so yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a crawling contest? That is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you have to sign her up? I want to take my daughter tomorrow and wasn't sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers