October 26, 2012

Tough Mudder Training - Two Weeks In

I went to bed at midnight. Usually we train at 6:30 am, but since there isn't school today and Tymon's working from home, I changed the alarm to 7:30. Sweet Elliott crawled into bed with me this morning. Usually, I fall back to sleep when he sneaks in but when I snuggled him, noticed Tymon checking the time. So I checked, too. It was 6:37 am and he's wondering when that alarm would ring. Ugh. No sleeping in for us. It's like our bodies are all ready into the groove of getting up and moving. We tried to ignore the clock and sleep another hour. Nope. Didn't work. We were up three minutes later.

We're getting stronger. We started out being totally wiped out and stopping after one of the three circuits in our regimen. Each day we add one more exercise and just today finished all three circuits. Yay! Now we just need to do each of the exercises better.

Right now, I can jog 3/4 mile before getting my first side-ache. Two weeks ago, I was getting them in less than 2 minutes. I do 20 modified push-ups in a minute and 15 burpees.

I'm happy to see progress already and a little bit worried that I'm so weak right now. We've got 6 months before the Tough Mudder...and aside from today's internal clock wake up, my hardest struggle has just been getting out of bed.

Yesterday, I was exhausted when the alarm went off and didn't move. Tymon rolled over and asked me to motivate him to get out of bed. He just wasn't feeling it. Ha ha. Neither was I. I suggested we sleep longer and do a jog later that night.

Apparently, that was exactly the motivation he was looking for. He jumped out of bed saying, "let's do this." Wow. I easily could have slept longer. But somehow, if you let yourself slide once, you'll do it again. We can't waste away our training opportunities. We'll only suffer in the long run.


3 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. You are so brave. My husband showed me the website awhile back and I was amazed and appalled. I am curious to hear about your experience as you prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it strengthens a marriage to work on something like this together. Jeremy and I are simply training for a 5K and it has given us quality time to be together and to work toward a healthy goal together. Now if we can just eat healthier it would work better, but I can't get rid of my diet Mtn. Dew. I refuse to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mountain Dew contains brominated vegetable oil. Bleh.

    BVO causes numerous health issues relating to iodine/thyroid and a few cancers including thyroid and ovarian. See the health concerns here: http://www.whatsinthisstuff.com/ingredient/Brominated-Vegetable-Oil

    Tina, Mountain Dew (diet or regular) is not worth it.

    And yes, it's great to have an active physical goal to do with Tymon. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers