October 15, 2012

Tough Mudder

The Tough Mudder Challenge. Ever heard of it? I hadn't until Tymon told me that one of his co-workers invited him to do it. I looked it up and was immediately drawn to the name. Tough Mother. Yeah. That's me.

I begged Tymon to invite me. Sometimes, I just need to prove to myself that I can do hard things. And this is one of those situations.


We started training this morning. I'd like to say how easy it was. Ha ha. We only got through one of three circuits. I got a side ache during the first 30 seconds of our one minute run. And added another one to the other side 10 seconds later. My jumping jacks turned into jogging in place with my hands in the air. I did 15 push ups modified with my knees on the ground in one minute. Hopefully by next month it'll be 15 real ones. This is going to take a lot of effort. If you'd like to put your body through hell and feel good about it later, come join us. Tough Mudder, Seattle, May 4, 2013.

I'm pretty much hoping not to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers