January 3, 2013

Simple Herbal Cough Drops

I made a bucket list of some things I wanted to do in 2013.
Making some of my own herbal remedies is on that list.
No time like the present to get on top of the list.
I made cough drops.
Because we've got some nasty
Coughing going on around here.
I found a tutorial online for how to do it.
But it was too long.
So I shortened it up
To 5 simple steps.


The best part about making my own stuff
Is that I know exactly what's in it.
Only herbs and sugar.
No artificial colors.
No artificial flavors.
No soy.
No high fructose corn syrup.
No surprise ingredients.

The recipe is seriously so simple.
5 bags of medicinal tea,
2 cups water
2 cups organic sugar
Organic powdered sugar
And voila!

Now I want to try making some with essential oils
(Added after mixture comes off stove)
And some lemon ginger ones,
And maybe use some peppermint from my garden.
Oooh,
There are so many possibilities!

Posted by Picasa

2 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. So, how do they work on soothing coughs? We are all pretty sick here too. What tea did you use? I was thinking throat coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throat coat is a great choice. I didn't have any so I used an echinacea and elder one. Depending on the effect you're looking for, you can use whatever medicinal herbal tea you want.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers