May 13, 2013

Mmmm, Placenta and Spice and Everything Nice

It seems like just yesterday
I was posting about giving away gerbils
And only having two left.
Ha ha ha.
This morning we got 3, I mean 4 more.

I assume these babies are Spyra's...
Because she's eating the placenta.
Except she just gave birth a month ago.
She can't really be delivering again, can she?
It's possible these are Gimpy's
She sits on them...perhaps nursing.
Maybe Spyra is acting as midwife...

Speaking of midwives,
Have you seen the BBC drama
Call the Midwife?
It's my new obsession.
The stories are real.
Based on the memoir of Jennifer Worth.
I'm pretty sure I won't be able to wait
For each season
To be filmed.
I'm going to have to read the book.


Posted by Picasa

2 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. Wait wait, what did I tell you when you first posted about the gerbils?

    Aha, this is it - the internet remembers everything...

    ***
    Athena125 January 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM

    So I guess you're not keeping a baby gerbil for each of the kids? ;-P

    My condolences for the happy event. Yup, you read that right. 5 weeks is a long time.
    ***

    Run. Run fast. And get a cat. (Miha's suggestion)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget, why don't you research and write the story of your ancestor midwife "Heap Big Medicine Woman" Stocks who provided the only medical care most people could get in Southern Utah 150 years or so ago. Ask your mom. Her mind went temporarily blank when I asked for the first name. This pioneer is the one who was accosted by Indians in her home, and she admired one Indian's knife so much that he let her look at it, and she wielded it to force him out of the cabin!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers