September 23, 2013

Angel Day 2013

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Me: Kids, it's a special day tomorrow. Does anyone know what it is?
Kids: Jocelyn's birthday?
Me: No, that's next Sunday.
Kids: (they guess everyone else's and their dog's birthdays)
Me: No, it's Angel Day
Elliott: You mean the day Evan died?
Me: No, it's the day Evan became an angel.
Elliott: Oh, you mean Dead Day.


Monday, September 23, 2013
Angel Day

It's been five years since that morning when I woke up to the words, "Bridget, I just found Evan under the bean bag and I had to check his pulse." Time dulls the ache. But the longing never stops.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 Riveting COMMENTS:

  1. What fond memories of Evan with your video. I remember playing nose games with him in church a couple days before he died, only my games involved him touching my nose with me trying to catch his finger with my lips.

    He did it over and over again with the same infectious smile and laugh. Here's some YouTube babies laughing. One looks like Evan and another like Jett. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L49VXZwfup8

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that Joselyn looked to me at first as 5 year old Bridget. I notice that 37 year old Bridget isn't in the picture. Perhaps next year you can get me or a suitable substitute (eg. a tripod) to take the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers