October 27, 2013

Take Two: Haunted Basement

Last night, we had a house full of kids lined up to go through Tymon's second annual haunted basement. The kids love it and went through again and again and again. Tymon loves making it, which is good, because if left to me, it wouldn't get done. We added some new things this year and have a few more effects saved for next year...only because I found them at the store on sale for half off a few hours before the party started. No problem. It's never too late to get started on next year's preparation. Ha ha ha.


Graeden acted as the Grim Reaper to lead through small groups of people. Elliott and my cousin's daughters played a few other roles to really get the spectators' blood pumping.

I remembered the non-success of my mice hors-d'oeuvres last year and this year just did a meatloaf mummy. It was so much simpler and still looked good. The bacon shrunk more than I expected but it still turned out pretty fantastic and our friends loved it. I made a tasty caramelized onion and sweet potato soup that was also a big hit. There were several guests in costume. Tymon and I were Peeta and Katniss. I didn't carry around my bow, though. That was an awkward accessory.

Guest List Included:
  • Maklemore
  • Katniss Everdeen
  • Peeta Mellark
  • Popeye
  • Nurse
  • Whoopie Cushion 
  • Trophy Wife
  • Three Witches
  • Two Monkeys
  • Two Cats
  • Two Grim Reapers
  • Two Zombies
  • Lorax
  • Zebra
  • Lego man
  • Mime
  • Mermaid
  • Ninja
  • Baseball player
  • Mad Scientist
  • Bumble Bee
  • Ben Ten
  • And several of the Johns' friends and neighbors



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers