December 31, 2014

Pierced

For Christmas, Jocelyn and Kira got earrings...today we went to get their ears pierced at the local tattoo parlor. I hoped they wouldn't say anything too judgmental. It was their first taste of being in a different sort of place. Lola, the piercer, has an interesting look. Think half of her head shaved. The other half in an assortment of dread locks. She sports a few nose rings and facial piercings and more than a few tattoos. She's also super friendly and knowledgeable, works really well with kids and came highly recommended by a friend of mine.

While filling out the paperwork in the foyer the girls noticed some scary pictures on the wall and asked about them. Hmm...how to phrase this? It's not like I could say anything was wrong with the them. I mean, we put that sort of stuff up every year in our basement. So I explained that this shop celebrates Halloween all year round.

Jocelyn wanted to go first. She yelped as the needle went in and took a few minutes to regroup before having the second one done. Kira was next. I asked if she was going to cry (I'd pinched her ear the day before to prep her for what it might feel like). She said no. And she didn't. Not a sound came out of her, just a little grimace as it went in. Lola thought that was the best reaction to a piercing that she'd ever had. And not just from a 3 year old.

The girls were brave. I'm pleased with how well it went and how well they behaved. Now, if I can find my phone, I'll post some photos of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Comment.
You know you want to.
And I love hearing from you.

 
Design by April Showers